Facebook Comments Box

Friday, July 5, 2013

RYAN GIGGS AND PHIL NEVILLE JOIN MAN UTD COACHING STAFF


Picture
L-T: Neville, Giggs
via BBC Sports -- Manchester United have named Ryan Giggs as player-coach and Phil Neville as their new first-team coach.

Giggs, who will be 40 in November, and ex-United player Neville, 36, are the latest additions to new manager David Moyes's backroom team at Old Trafford.

"I'm delighted that Ryan has accepted the chance to become player-coach," said Moyes.

Giggs added: "It's no secret I've been taking my qualification. I see this as the first step in my future career."

Neville, 36, takes up the role vacated by Rene Meulensteen, who has now joined manager Guus Hiddink at Russian club Anzhi Makhachkala.

Giggs continued: "It's a great privilege to be appointed as player-coach. I hope I will be able to bring my experience to bear, having been both a player and part of the Manchester United family for so long.

"I'm really looking forward to working alongside David and the team."

Moyes, who was announced as Sir Alex Ferguson's successor in May, will conduct his first news conference as manager of United on Friday at 16:00 BST.


Facebook Comments Plugin Enhanced by Kitongoni blog
 

USISAHAU KU LIKE PAGE YETU